Friday, July 24, 2009

50 Questions

1. What time did you get up this morning? Noon-ish.

2. How do you like your steak? Not at all.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Up. It was terrific.

4. What is your favorite TV show? The Simpsons, All In The Family, The Office, The Boondocks, Malcolm In The Middle...that's about it for the American shows. Best ever, hands-down, Monty Python's Flying Circus, closely followed by Fawlty Towers.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? New York, California, France, Italy.

6. What did you have for breakfast? Chocolate peanut-butter and cherry jam on white toast with coffee.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Turkish, Greek, Middle Eastern, authentic Italian (sorry Fazoli's!), Japanese, Chinese, Indian...in no particular order.

8. What foods do you dislike? "American" food outlets like Chili's, Applebee's, and Americanized versions of foreign food (Taco Bell, Fazoli's), overly greasy food...ugh...

9. Favorite Place to Eat? Whatever answer I provide now will be horribly obsolete after I move to Brooklyn. I'm led to understand there's a few restaurants over there.

10. Favorite dressing? Most any vinaigrette.

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? PT Cruiser (black)

12. What are your favorite clothes? jeans, casual button-up/t-shirt, Chucks

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Europe, Japan, India

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? How much ice is in it - could very well be 3/4 empty.

15. Where would you want to retire? I fully intend to die working.

16. Favorite time of day? The hour the sun sets and the hour the sun rises. Always lovely.

17. Where were you born? Louisville

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? None.

19. Who do you think will not tag you back? I suppose since I'm not really tagging anyone then this question isn't applicable.

20. Person you expect to tag you back first? See number 19.

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Same readers as usual: Shelley (always), M@ (most of the time), Forrest (a lot of the time).

22. Bird watcher? I hate birds. I fear them.

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? NIGHT.

24. Do you have any pets? Does Phyllis count - she's Shelley's, not mine.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Sure. Dave Emlen, owner of KindaKinks.net, posted a link on his "What's New" page to my blog review of The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society. If you'd like to set aside the time, each song listing has a YouTube link so you can hear each song on the album!

26. What did you want to be when you were little? Believe it or not, scientist. Also, astronaut, lawyer, Beatle, filmmaker.

27. What is your best childhood memory? Any day I wasn't being used as a drug mule for select members of my extended family was a good day.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? In moderation, either. I don't think I'd want to own a dog.

29. Are you married? Not yet, but it's in the works.

30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes.

31. Been in a car accident? Never in the driver's seat.

32. Any pet peeves? Hypocrites, liars, gossips, people who talk big but don't do shit, people who can't be relied on for anything, most recreational drug users, white people who think they "get" Bob Marley because they've gotten high to it.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni.

34. Favorite Flower? Honeysuckle. Best to look at? No, but best-smelling...and edible.

35. Favorite ice cream? Uh...most any.

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? If a gun was held to my head, I guess White Castle, maybe Taco Bell if I'm feeling zesty.

37. What are you obsessed about? IN THIS ORDER - my future wife, spiritual enlightenment, my academic pursuits, everything else.

38. From whom did you get your last email? An autobot response since apparently apartment shopping is a haven of people who want to rip you off. Assholes.

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? If I had one, a CD store. Oh my God I would go broke.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Not yet. But it's in the works.

41. Like your job? Being a student, you mean? Sure, it's a gas, gas, gas.

42. Broccoli? Yes, thank you. Put some cheese on it if you'd like.

43. What was your favorite vacation? New Orleans. (Does that count? If not...St. Louis.)

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? I'm looking at her right now. She will eventually realize I'm looking at her and go, "What? Do I have something on my face?" and then I'll smile and resume writing while she darts to the bathroom to make sure.

45. What are you listening to right now? The Rutles


46. What is your favorite color? Naples Yellow.

47. How many tattoos do you have? Zero.

48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? See #47.

49. What time did you finish this quiz? 3:15.

50. Coffee Drinker? YES!

No comments: